Breast Augmentation Champaign
Plastic / Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. James Kurley located in Champaign, IL.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE
For a variety of reasons, you, like many others who have come to Advanced Aesthetics Surgery & Laser Center in Champaign, IL, may be considering breast augmentation to improve the fullness, shape or appearance of your breasts. However, you may have many questions regarding the procedure of breast augmentation.
As the only Plastic Surgeon in Champaign, IL certified by both the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), Dr. James Kurley specializes in rapid recovery breast augmentation. He , and his team at Advanced Aesthetics Surgery & Laser Center, shares with you answers to some of the most commonly asked questions regarding breast augmentation, (breast enlargement or breast implants). During his twenty years of performing breast augmentations for patients in central Illinois, including Champaign, Bloomington, Springfield, Peoria, Decatur, Mattoon and Charleston, as well as many cities in western Indiana including Terre Haute Dr. Kurley has performed over hundreds of breast augment procedures.
What is Breast Augmentation?
The ASPS says, “Breast augmentation (enlargement) involves using implants to fulfill your desire for fuller breasts or to restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy.” Breast augmentation may also be accomplished utilizing fat transfers that had been harvested from other areas on your body.
What are Implants?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) shares, “Breast implants are medical devices that are implanted either under breast tissue or under the chest muscle for breast augmentation or reconstruction.
Are You A Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation (Enlargement)?
As long as you meet the following basic criteria, Dr. Kurley’s team at Advanced Aesthetics Surgery / Laser Center in Champaign, IL will be delighted to schedule your personalized consultation with Dr. Kurley to further discuss your breast augmentation.
- Woman over the age of 18 may have saline implants, but you must be 22 years of age to have silicone gel implants.
- Psychologically stable, since plastic surgery cannot be used as a tool to make you happy.
- Physically healthy, because breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that requires general anesthesia.
- Realistic expectations, although this can only actually be determined at the time of your consultation. Dr. Kurley will perform measurements of the chest area as part of his biodimensional planning. These measurements provide a reasonable range for implant volume. If, as an individual, you are desiring an implant that exceeds these dimensions, Dr. Kurley will try to help you understand why this may not be a good idea in your circumstance.
What Can You Expect During Your Breast Augmentation Consultation with Dr. Kurley?
Dr. Kurley believes in giving you as many personal choices as medically possible in regard to your breast augmentation. He spends about one and half hours discussing with you your goals, lifestyle, health and other factors that will help him help you make the most informed choices available for your breast augmentation. Some of these choices include:
- Saline (round or anatomic), silicone gel, or 410 cohesive gel implants will be chosen after completion of your consultation and thorough discussion regarding these options for breast augmentation.
- Saline implants are filled with the same saltwater solution that can be put in your veins at the time of surgery. The implants are empty and are filled at the time of surgery. This allows for some adjustment in size. However, saline implants do not feel as natural as silicone gel implants and ripple to a much greater extent than do silicone gel implants. Traditional silicone gel implants have a much more natural consistency and wrinkle to a lesser extent than do saline implants. They have the consistency of squeezable, grape jelly. The 410 cohesive gel implant (nicknamed the “gummy bear” implant) wrinkles to an even lesser extent than a traditional gel implant and is able to be shaped. The 410 cohesive gel implant has the consistency of a “gummy bear”, hence the nickname. This provides much greater flexibility in breast augmentation (enlargement) outcome.
- The size of the implant is determined by measurements taken of your chest area at the time of your breast augmentation consultation. These measurements provide a size range that is proper for your chest area.
- Incision placement – armpit, areola or under the breast (inframammary fold). This decision is reached after a thorough discussion of the pros and cons of each incisional location at the time of your breast augmentation consultation.
- Implant surface – textured or smooth
- Implant style – round or anatomic. Dr. Kurley has extensive experience utilizing both forms of implants since he has been in practice since 1987. He has been utilizing the anatomic saline implant since 1998. This implant was used extensively during the course of the FDA moratorium on the use of silicone gel implants. He did have access to silicone gel implants during the course of the FDA moratorium as an investigator for that product. The anatomic shaped saline breast implant ripples and wrinkles less than a traditional round saline implant would, but to a somewhat greater extent than a silicone gel implant. The pocket that is created for the anatomic implant has to be precisely developed in order to minimize the potential for implant rotation.The anatomic saline implant was utilized by Dr. Kurley during the course of the FDA moratorium to give his patients a result that had less wrinkling and therefore a more satisfying breast augmentation result. The FDA moratorium on silicone gel implants concluded in November, 2006. The most frequent implant used by Dr. Kurley for breast augmentation, between 2006 and March of 2013, was the round silicone gel implant. However, the 410 cohesive gel implant (“gummy bear”) was released in March of 2013. His experience with the anatomic saline implant has helped him transition easily to the use of the 410 cohesive gel implant for your breast augmentation. This implant has now become the implant used most frequently by Dr. Kurley for your breast enlargement. He recently learned that his use of the 410 cohesive gel implant has placed him in the top 15% of 410 cohesive gel implant users in the country. This anatomic shaped, cohesive gel implant provides you with potentially the most natural appearing result since there is the least wrinkling of any implant currently available. It comes in a variety of heights, widths, and profiles. This gives the greatest flexibility available for breast augmentation choices.
- Implant position – breast gland or behind the pectoralis muscle. This decision is reached after thorough discussion at the time of your consultation with Dr. Kurley.
As well, Dr. Kurley will discuss with you what breast augmentation can and can not do for you and any risks.
What Can Breast Augmentation Do for You?
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Increase the fullness and appearance of your breasts
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
- Restore volume lost with weight loss or pregnancy, although if there is enough loss of volume a breast lift (mastopexy) may be necessary simultaneously.
- Possible reconstruction after breast surgery for cancer or injury
What Breast Implant Surgery Can’t Do For You?
- Does not correct sagging breasts, if the sag is enough to warrant the need for a breast lift. This can only be determined after obtaining your chest area measurements and a complete discussion of the options available to you. Some women comes to the office believe in that they will need a breast lift and, after discussion, are pleasantly surprised that a lift is not actually necessary and they will only need restoration of volume.
- Does not “make” you “happy” or “save a relationship”, although improvements can be had in feelings of increased self- confidence regarding your body image. The vast majority of women desiring breast augmentation simply want to have better proportion and feel more feminine.
Is Breast Augmentation Safe For You?
Perhaps though you have heard that breast implants cause diseases or illnesses for some people who have had them? The American Society of Plastic Surgeons says on their website, “Breast implants do not impair breast health. Careful review of scientific research conducted by independent groups such as the Institute of Medicine has found no proven link between breast implants and autoimmune or other systemic diseases.”
Dr. Kurley performs all his own cosmetic surgery procedures and personally sees you after surgery. Surgery is performed in our (AAAASF) fully accredited surgical suite located right in Advanced Aesthetics Surgery & Laser Center in Champaign. The procedure usually takes just about one hour and you will be ready for discharge approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours after the procedure. There is no need for narcotic pain medication when she leaves the facility because of rapid recovery breast augmentation processes. Dr. Kurley has worked with a surgical team for a combined total of 30 + years. What this means for you is increased safety during surgery and a more rapid recovery after your breast enhancement.
Advanced Aesthetics is proud to offer our patients the IDEAL IMPLANT Structured Breast Implants®. IDEAL IMPLANT Structured Breast Implants® are the next-generation technology that offers you the peace of mind of saline with the realistic look and feel of silicone gel.
IDEAL IMPLANT is offered exclusively through a select network of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons committed to addressing women’s concerns, educating them on all of their implant options, and staying up to date on implant technologies.
CRISALIX 3D Imaging
Unsure of the difference between 300cc and 400cc? Want a natural result? Wondering how you will look after surgery? Discover your new you at your consultation with Dr. Kurley.
With a simple scan we can show you at the time of your consultation how your potential results may look on your body. You will then be given a secure access link so that you can see them again at home, or share with your significant other if they were unable to accompany you to your consult.
Dr. Kurley and his team of professionals at Advanced Aesthetics Surgery & Laser Center look forward to meeting you soon. It will be our honor to help you achieve beautiful breasts. If you have been considering breast enhancements and feel that a breast augmentation is for you then we welcome you to call our office today or contact us online to set up a personalized consultation with Dr. Kurley to determine if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation.
Call our Champaign, IL office today at (217) 356-3850 to schedule your consultation. We look forward to meeting you in person. Dr. Kurley is a member of the ASPS and ASAPS associations and is also active in the local community organizations. Dr. Kurley supports Champaign City Hall, Champaign Chamber of Commerce, Champaign Realty Board, Champaign Rotary
Visit our plastic / cosmetic surgery, and medical spa office in Champaign, Illinois (IL), located near the Urbana, IL, University of Illinois campus area and accessible to residents of Springfield, Kankakee, Decatur, Danville, Charleston, Peoria and Bloomington, Illinois (IL).