Breast Lift Champaign
Plastic / Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. James Kurley located in Champaign, IL.
Breast lift surgery, “mastopexy,” corrects sagging breasts when there is minimal or no loss in breast volume. In cases where both sagging and volume loss are present, the breast lift surgery is combined with breast augmentation (enlargement) also known as “augmentation mastopexy.”
Is a Breast Lift Right for Me?
Are you like many other women in the Central IL area who have lost breast shape and size due to pregnancy or weight loss or gain? If so, you may now consider a breast lift.
Dr. Kurley’s Approach to Breast Lift or MastopexyThere are several important decisions to be made with any breast lift cosmetic surgery. As an ASPS, ASAPS board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Kurley and his professional medical team at Advanced Aesthetics in Champaign work closely with you to determine which realistic options fits you best. Some of these options include type of incision as well as the consideration of breast implants to increase your breast size, volume, and/or to provide lift.
Advanced Aesthetics Surgery/Laser Center in Champaign IL offers saline or silicone breast implants for augmentation mastopexy. Both are excellent and safe options and after thoroughly explaining the differences, Dr. Kurley leaves the choice to you.
Are You a Good Candidate for Breast Lift?
There are many factors such as pregnancy, nursing, gravity, weight loss and even just the aging process that may contribute to a significant loss in breast volume and skin firmness. As the skin loses its elasticity, the breasts lose their firmness and shape. If that describes you, and you’re healthy and have reasonable expectations from the surgery, then you’re a good candidate for a breast lift.
There are Basically Two Types of Breast Lifts or Mastopexys:
- Breast lift using implants – Look in a mirror. Imagine that you can see through the breast tissue to the chest and ribs. If the nipple is at or above the fold where the breast and chest meet, called the “inframammary fold” (IMF), an implant may be used to fill out the top part of the breast and “lift” the breast to its original level.
- Breast lift by “Mastopexy” – If, while looking in a mirror you see that the nipple is below the “IMF,” breast implants will not work unless a simultaneous mastopexy is performed. In cases such as this, your breasts are lifted surgically and the nipple/areola area is repositioned higher.
Your Breast Lift Consultation
A breast lift (mastopexy) consultation in our Champaign IL plastic surgery office is crucial to obtaining your optimal breast lift result. Measurements will be taken to pinpoint any asymmetries, and to determine if a breast lift and/or implants are needed to reach the desired outcome. As well, Dr. James Kurley will guide you in thoughtful consideration of overall aesthetics when determining the ideal nipple position with your breast lift.
Your Breast Lift Surgery
Your breast lift procedure is performed at Advanced Aesthetics in our AAAASF accredited surgical center in Champaign IL and takes from one to three hours under general anesthesia. Our surgical team is extremely skilled and our staff is excellent in making sure that both you and your caregiver receive the best possible care and consideration.
Dr. Kurley provides several options for the placement of the incisions required for your breast lift procedure to accommodate your individual needs. However, generally the incisions are placed around your nipple-areolar complex and in the crease underneath the breast. During your breast lift procedure, excess skin is removed from around the nipple-areolar complex and from the bottom of your breast. The nipple-areolar area is then repositioned higher. The insertion of a breast implant may be done at this time as well.
Your Breast Lift Recovery: What to Expect
- You will stay about one hour in our Champaign IL plastic surgery center recovery room and will go home in a bra with only light bandages over the incision lines.
- You will wear this bra as a light ‘bandage’ for two to three weeks at which time sutures are usually removed.
- Any initial discomfort you may experience is well controlled with oral medications.
- Resume light activity in seven to ten days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for two weeks
- Be gentle with your breasts for at least six weeks following your procedure.
Schedule a Consultation
If you’d like to reverse the effects of time and gravity, make an appointment for a consultation in our Champaign plastic surgery center office. It is easy to call now 217-356-3850 or email us with any questions you may have about your breast lift.
Visit our plastic / cosmetic surgery, and medical spa office in Champaign, Illinois (IL), located near the Urbana, IL, University of Illinois campus area and accessible to residents of Springfield, Kankakee, Decatur, Danville, Charleston, Peoria and Bloomington, Illinois (IL).